Dec 28, 2009

Movie Mondays!



It’s not overwhelming but Cloverfield is entertaining. A giant monster attacks New York City and four people set out on an odyssey that takes them through the destruction. The camera work is shot to simulate a handheld video recorder, it’s a technique that works for this movie but some may find it tiresome. Also, if you are at all uncomfortable about the events of 9/11, I would suggest avoiding the movie becaude it strikes a little to close a chord to that days’ events. Overall, I found it entertaining if a bit unsettling. The effect are great, the acting works (it’s believable) and although the story is not wrapped up in a neat little package, in this case it makes absolute sense. Cloverfield is not your standard horror flick but it is worth a watch.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: